This sculptural light object in the form of an OSRAM lightbulb comes from the heyday of electrification. In the 1930s, OSRAM was a merger of AEG, SIEMENS and, as the patent holder of the tungsten light bulb, the Auer Gesellschaft. Hundreds of thousands of workers were employed in light bulb production. Our advertising object is made entirely of glass on the outside, the OSRAM lettering is engraved twice deeply into the illuminated upper part and stove-enamelled in blue on the bottom of the sunken relief. Both parts, bulb and socket, are made of glass and are illuminated from within. In this way, the consumer sitting in the dark could be guided to the source of the light, the shop where OSRAM light bulbs are sold. These fragile advertising objects were apparently produced in small series, the office of the BDA in Berlin's Mommsenstraße also has such an advertising object on the outside. Here it seems more like "enlightenment" in the consensus of the presentation of innovative architecture.
OUTDOOR ADVERTISING LIGHT - OSRAM - FACTORY DESIGN - OSRAM - GERMANY - AROUND 1930
Outdoor Advertising Light
H 73 cm W 40 cm D 55 cm
Clear glass with white overlay, lettering deeply ground in and painted blue, glass base with honey-colored overlay. Mounting Steel, painted black and electrified on the inside, 2 lamps E 27
good original condition
few traces of wear. Apparently as an advertising boom for electronics stores, the large, eye-catching and illuminated boom shows a source of supply for the OSRAM light bulb.